Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solas concord 13/19 vs 12/18 prop

Please help,
    I have a 2002 xlt,just removed the cat and put a d-plate, chaged the intake grate, ride plate, would also like to change prop. I bought a 13/19 and a 12/18 solas concord prop. I am looking for top speed. What prop would you suggest me installing? Thank you for your quick response

13/19 will give ya good holeshot...as well as a decent top end speed.....most people cant pull the limiter with a slightly moded 1200 so you should be ok.....Im running it on a ported 1100 raider and its great!

Mike

Comment

Weve set up many XLT 1200's--- go with the 13/19 impeller. It will give you great holeshot and more top--- it can also be reworked a little if your looking for a little extra performance [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]
      www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Thank you for this information. However, please understand my confusion. I read in a Riva forum that a 13/19 is too much for a stock motor better go with a 12/18. I then read and you are telling me that a 13/19 is ok. I am certainly not second guessing what you are telling me, but am concerned about the end result even at the expense of not getting that top speed that I could get. I live in haiti and things a very difficult to get here. In order for me not to have problems I bought a 13/19 and a 12/18 solas concord. I am relying on your expertise to tell me what you think is best. Until then.
        Bonne Journee. (that's french for have a nice day) Frantz

Comment

Hi Niko!
          I'd follow ISLAND RACING's recommendation. Carl has a ton of knowledge on props for the Yamaha series of skis and knows his stuff. I have several friends in my area with the XLT1200 running a 13/19 and they swear by them. And as Carl said, if you want the 13/19 tweaked a little more for more performance, Carl's da man! Good luck with your ski! [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

Thank you all for the information. It is very helpful. SuzanGPR I will take your advise. After all I lived in texas for 7 years in Clear Lake 30 miles from Galveston, and I know Texans know what they are talking about. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            A bientot. (Talk to you soon) At this rate maybe you all will learn some french. [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img]
            P.S. Carl how would I manage to have you tweak my prop. (this sounds weird but I mean this in a good way)Where should I send it and what would you take. Cash, certified check, whatever. Please let me know. Merci

Comment

WoW! History in the making..... I finally get some respect! LOL! But in all honesty I have been dealing with Carl for several years. My ex, Greg, was involved with aftermarket performance on the GPR and XLT since '99 and he along with Carl and a few others came up with some great ways to get the most out of the Yamaha's without having to spend a ton of $$$. I personally have sent my friends, both racers and rec riders Carl's way for mods and have NEVER heard nothing but praise for his work. Best of luck with your ski!! Now on with the French lessons............. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

BTW... you can send Carl an email at WAVERUNRxxx@aol.com or call his shop 1-516-883-0090

[ October 04, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: SuzanGPR ]
              Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

In fla`s hot salt water,with out the head mods the loading factor is just that,a factor,the customers buy 12/18`s after the 13/19 cost them a piston or two.

Allo; c'est moi encore; (Hi; it's me again) SuzanGPR; where do I send you a bill for all these lessons? [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img] I got this feed from a different forum. This guy was talking to someone from IslandRacing, I wonder if it is the same IslandRacing person on this forum. I wanted to send this to you to show you why
                I was so confused. Of course you all are the people we look up to for information; but opinions and experiences are so different. I guess that is what keeps us so much on our toes. I must say, that these forums are very good when you get some good moderators like you all and I do not know if you use the Riva forum but it also is VERY informative. Can I say Riva on this site? Anyway, that is that. I am not as confused as before but "je reflechis toujours" I will not translate this.

Comment

Hi NIKO!

Feel free to email it to me or email me the link. I really don't think that SBT would mind you putting it here though they may consider it a conflict of interest, but ya never know. Just for the record, I am not a moderator... I get no respect! hahaha! You can email it to me at SuzanGPR@satx.rr.com or TexasTeamYamaha@satx.rr.com I'll check it out and give Carl a call for you. Take care!

BTW.... send the bill to Carl @ Island Racing for my middle man(or girl) fees! LMAO! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, I have rider friends in France that can interpret that last one for me! haha! [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: SuzanGPR ]

Comment

niko--- weve installed 13/19's on 100% stock motors and to be quite honest i dont ever remember recomending a 12/18 unless it was a high altitude setup or areas where heat and humidity play a huge factor--- of course to get as close a recomendation as possible we would need to know your Exact setup,climate, riding conditions, etcetc...-
                    feel free to email me direct ifyou like.
                    I would also strongly recomend getting a tachometer--- even if its a 50$ tiny tach --- it is invaluable when trying to dial in impellers for a particular application.
                    www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Hi NIKO,

How do you like your XLT with the mods? I was thinking of getting another 'ski for next year and am torn on what I should get. I was recently riding and jumping my friends XLT 800 and I really liked it.(wake up kit etc.) I rode his GP1200R for a bit and wanted to get back on the 800. It rides and jumps like a dream.(like 10 feet in the air on your couch) It also can tear up some big chop.

[ October 06, 2003, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: anapg77 ]
                      J-me
                      05 Bayliner 175
                      98 GP 1200 Yamaha factory support hull, Lamey engine, Skat pump

Comment

Hey Islandracing;
                        Thank you for the info. Comming from you guys it means a lot as I read your information in different forums. Thank you for the help. In Haiti we are completly sea level. So altitude would not be a factor. As far as the tach is concern, the 2002 XLT has one so indeed I can verify the rpm's more carefully. Because I of the rush I ordered the 12/18 and the13/19 I guess I will try them both and keep you posted.
                        anapg77 I actually have a XLT 1200 I do not know if you are comparing it to a GPR. First I do not think you can compare a 2 seat with a 3 seat. I must tell you that I am VERY satisfied with my XLT. As far as speed and comfort in choppy water. I will keep you posted on the changes.

Comment

Working...
                        X