Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 701 tuning...

Hi everyone

Hi just finished to assemble all my performance parts on my 701 yamaha motor

I have a :
    match case with cylinders
    cylinders porting ( top shaved )
    original head ( 190 Psi )
    match the exaust manifold with cylinder
    double 44mm carbs
    Factory Type B pipe

I did the "jetting" today ...
    110 low
    140 hi
    1.5 N&S
    Spring ??? ( I don't know the force of the spring)

I put the SJ in the water on the trailer , and try to tune the carb ... something was wrong ...

My card was fresh rebuild , but I dind'nt change the needle ,the seat ( it was okay)

My question is : what could the spring change in my carb , and how do I find out if they are the right ones?

can anyone help me please ???
    thanx in advance

Donald the Bad Duck

Québec
    Canada

Re: Yamaha 701 tuning...

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=13965
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Thank you Skraggy,
      But the link that you gave me does not help me to find the kind of spring that goes in my carb ...

I have a :
      match case with cylinders
      cylinders porting ( top shaved )
      original head ( 190 Psi )
      match the exaust manifold with cylinder
      double 44mm carbs
      Factory Type B pipe

carb jetting:
      110 low
      140 hi
      1.5 N&S
      Spring ??? ( I don't know the force of the spring)

Comment

If you are talking about the pop-off spring...it does...

It is adjusted by changing the size of the N&S, and the spring tension. There are 4 general strengths of springs - the less the spring is rated the lower the pop-off pressure will need to be to unseat the needle. For example, a 65 gram spring may give you a pressure of 15 psi, where a 115 gram spring may give you 50 (not actual numbers).

You test the pressure with a pop-off pressure gauge. With the regulator chamber open, wet the N&S with WD-40 or gas. With the pump body removed, attatch the gauge to the fuel inlet fitting on the body. Pump the gauge until it 'pops' noting the pressure gauge. Repeat this 3 times to get a nominal reading. Installing a heavier spring will raise the pressure. To adjust in small increments lower, cut coils 1/2 coil at a time and re-test.

If you are speaking of a different spring...let us know which one.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Yes , im talking about pop-off pressure spring ... how do I find out if they are the right ones ??? ... can I run with the original spring ? if my motor was modified ??? how many psi is the best for my motor ???

can anyone Help me !!!

Sorry for my very bad english ! lol

Comment

When I rebuilt my carb,I put the normal spring in...and all worked fine.

If you put too light of a spring in,you will end up dumping too much fuel into the system.Too heavy and you will be starving for fuel.The best way to check it is to buy or borrow a guage and do it the way it is explained in the tech article.

I am not up on the mods too much,so this is the best I can help you.

And btw,,,your english is fine :)

Comment

Working...
            X