770r compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 770r compression

Hi what should the compression @ sea level be for a '99 ts 770r. I checked one and it is at approximately 135 psi on both cylinders. I was thinking this was a little low, but was pleased to see both read approximately the same compression. The ski seems to run fine top end wise but doesn't run very well up to about 1/3 throttle or so. I'm figuring it has something to do with the low speed jets or possibly a restriction in the fuel supply (internal filters). The ski came from up North (Minnesota) and I was told that it may possibly need to be rejetted to be ran in Texas due to altitude and climate differences. Does this sound feasible or is it simply bs. I feel like the engine is sound based on how well it runs at the upper rpm range. Thanks for any input

Given they are equal I wouldn't worry, that's close to around stock, I would suspect your gauge is just off.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hey thanks for such a quick responce!! Gotta love that. I'm pleased to hear your response is along the lines of what I was hoping for. I'm considering purchasing this ski and don't want to be rebuilding anytime soon, but you can bet that when I do, I'll give you guys a call. I have really learned a lot from this site and pretty much visit on a daily basis. Thanks again

Comment

I'm just curious, does anybody know the compression of the 1100R?
        Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

Now I'm baffled. I put a 3/4" reach adaptor on my compression gage and the compression decreased from 135psi to 125psi. This seems odd to me since I thought that when you decreased the volume in the cylinder, the compression should increase. I verified it 3 times that the compression decreased when attaching the long reach adaptor as opposed to using the gage with no adaptor at all. I know that the compression ratio is the ratio of the volume of the combustion chamber with the pistion at bdc divided by volume with piston at tdc. That's why I think my observation was wrong for some reason or other. Maybe a bad gage?

Comment

Your adaptors need to have the schrader valves right at the tip, if not they increase cc's via the air in the tube.

The 1100 should be around 120.

[ June 17, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Alright I can understand that now. I'll have to get me a new compression gage with the right adaptor. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X