Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBT Help me please 1st Rebuild, what do I need to get it done the right way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Help me please 1st Rebuild, what do I need to get it done the right way?

I bought a 1997 sea doo xp. I want to do a rebuild (my first and i'm still in school to learning how to do it at MMI) and I want to get the right parts and everything I need to do the job through you. Sounds like a lot of business for you guys but I like your product, I want to start practicing on my own so please help me right and I will give you plenty of future business. What lubes, oils, gasket sealers, and other things can I get through you or do I need to get the job done right. The motor is a 787 CC, I am also interested in new j-1171 fuel lines. I will probably come down next week or maybe this weekend to pick everything up if you have it all in stock. I am also going to have someone bore out my cylinders, I don't know if I will do that in Orlando or leave that to you as well. Assuming the rods and crankshaft are fine, i just would need piston parts and new bearings. I believe I have to get new head bolts as well right?

This is basically an order and you weren't open when I called so I figured I'd write on here since I can get advice from others as well.

Re: SBT Help me please 1st Rebuild, what do I need to get it done the right way?

Also, Is a rave valve rebuild recommended when doing top end? If so I'd like more info on that. I am planning on getting this kit I just noticed.

http://www.shopsbt.com/sea-1997-xp/62-107.html

Comment

Re: SBT Help me please 1st Rebuild, what do I need to get it done the right way?

We will be happy to help you, It seems that the engine has not been dissembled yet so take the time to tear it down and evaluate what will be needed. Pistons will have to be purchased 1st before any bore work is done. SBT does not do customer 1 off bore work, we only do production for complete engine re-builds or cylinder exchange kits. If you make your list up and use the web site to locate the correct part numbers then our sales people would be happy to assist you. The SBT store does not have weekend hours so if you plan to come in please do so during the week. Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X