97 seadoo gtx 787 intermintent electrical break down please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 seadoo gtx 787 intermintent electrical break down please help

fuel system is is complete problem is when it runs loaded or not i hear a cylinder coming on and off , coil is in spec i also swapped it out to be sure , i have went thru the fuel system complete this unit has 28 hours total customer uses 2-3 times a year it sits in storage rest of time during winter its heated ,, \ compression is good hot and cold , the thing that leads me to electrical is i have noticed with spark testers in line boat will not start take them out and it starts , the ski is also shakey when it comes to starting sometimes it fires right up other times will not , this happens hot or cold and loaded or not , one thing that i have noticed i disconnected the positive batt cable after the ski is started and it seems to me that the problem is lessened , i swaped the batt no change , posible solutions i m thinking now its time to look at the volt reg and stator maybe you guys got some other thoughts .

recap carbs cleaned neddles and seats replaced, fuel pump rebuilt all of that was neededed to just get it to run customer dosnrt winterize , now it starts but it feels like its dropping a cylinder and sounds like it goes out and comes baclk idle drop as it happens then comes back up when it clears on the lake it ran strong up top but under 4000 you can notice the break up and at idle its very evident , over 4000 when it clears up or comes back it will run perfect aslon as you dont drop down rpms , i know with out a doubt its not carb issue coil was swapped out complete with wires and caps from running ski same problem what do you think thank you joe

Re: 97 seadoo gtx 787 intermintent electrical break down please help

Have you put new spark plugs in it?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X