Fouling plugs, too much oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouling plugs, too much oil?

I know nothing about Sea Doo's compared to my significant experience with waverunners. I was asked to check out this guys Sea Doo because it runs good all day long, had a bit of "low idle" problem and wouldn't stay running until I screwed in the idle screw a little. His other problem is that after riding it all day the plugs will foul and be very oily (probably fuel mix). I only saw that Sea Doos apparently have a way to adjust the oil mix... I told him that I'm ignorant on sea doos and that spark plugs are cheaper to replace than pistons but hopefully you guys will be able to help me a little on this. I checked the compression and he was running 100 lbs evenly on both cylinders.... I don't remember much except that it is an older scooter... maybe a 1994-1997 and probably a GTX... not familiar with them so I can't say and it is not available to look at.

Re: Fouling plugs, too much oil?

I would say it is time to rebuild even with even compression it is way low i woudl also sya that it may be his oil pump is not aligned properly. Just my .02

Comment

Get yourself a good compression guage and check again. It should be around 150 psi. Bad compression guages give false but even numbers.

Yes, Sea Doo oil injection pumps are adjustable. There is probably a video on how to do it on this site.

But if the sparkplugs are very black and fouled after one day, it probably needs the carbs rebuilt with new needles and seats.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

make sure your battery is charged fully when checking compression.

Comment

Working...
        X